Spring is right around the corner and with our little peanut’s due date being the first day of spring, I could not be more excited to have partnered with Meijer to pick out and try some budget friendly beauty products. I am by no means a beauty blogger nor will I ever claim to be one. However, like everyone else, I have some products that are my go to and I am always looking for new products to try out as well.
The partnership with Meijer also came at the perfect time, as I am in the process of transitioning my blog from just fashion to lifestyle. I have also been getting my hospital bag ready, and all the items featured on the blog today will also be making their way to the hospital with me on delivery day. Eeek!
Below are the items I tried out and fell in love with. I will definitely be purchasing these products going forward.
- Loreal Ever Pure Shampoo & Conditioner – I absolutely love this product. One of the things I love about this shampoo and conditioner is that its sulfate free. Not only does it leave my hair feeling clean and soft, it also smells good throughout the whole day. The conditioner has a thick consistency, which I love and is always a sign of a good conditioner that will leave my hair well hydrated.
- Colgate Optic White Toothpaste, Toothbrush & Whitening Pen, And Mouthwash – I have always been a Colgate toothpaste fan. With that said, there was no question that I would try the optic white products. I drink my coffee black, and with that comes some stained teeth. I have been using these products for a month now, and can see a huge difference in the color of my teeth.
- Olay Moisture Ribbons Plus (Shea + Lavendar Oil) Bodywash – For someone with eczema, I have to be careful of the products I use on my body. This bodywash has been great so far and has not caused my eczema to flare up. Scented bodywashes can be hit or miss for me. The olay moisture ribbons plus shea bodywash does not leave my skin feeling stripped of its natural oils when I get out of the shower. My skin always feels moisturized which is an added plus for someone who suffers from dry skin.
- Yes To Tomatoes Clear Skin Detoxifying Charcoal Facial Wipes – So, I had never heard of the brand “Yes To Tomatoes” prior to doing this partnership with Meijer. I had been using a charcoal facewash, so I was eager to try out these wipes. There are so many benefits to charcoal that I will have to do a separate post on that someday. I love these wipes as much as I love the facewash I have. Once again, for someone with dry skin, they do not leave my skin feeling stripped of its natural oils.
- Loreal Paris Detox & Brighten Pure Clay Mask – I tend to shy away from using masks because I always pick the wrong ones. Most of the ones I usually get leave my skin feeling super dry and tight. Which would be a good thing, if my dry skin was not an issue. The mask is a charcoal mud mask which by now you know how obsessed I am with all things charcoal. It was easy to apply and smelled so good. My face was a bit tight after use, but not something that made me uncomfortable. I have been using it once a week and it leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth.
- Olay Regenerist Micro Sculpting Cream – I always used to think that taking care of my skin was something I would do at a later stage. However, I have come to realize that I need to be taking better care of my skin and as I get older I have to think of some of the anti aging products out there. After moving to Ohio and dealing with the harsh winter weather, I had to change up my skin routine. My moisturizer being one of them. I love the cream because it locks in the moisture once I apply it and I do not experience my usual dry and flaky skin. I use it both morning and night.
- Dove Advanced Care Protection – I will be honest and say that you will find me using a different type of different depending on the time of the year. I sweat a lot and when I say a lot, I mean A LOT. I get paranoid that my antiperspirant deodorants stop working after using them for a while and so I am always switching them up. I have been using this dove advanced care protection antiperspirant deodorant for a few weeks now and love it. When I apply it, it feels silky and does not get cakey after application. Nothing makes me more annoyed than deodorant that gets cakey.
I plan on packing all these products in my hospital bag as we prepare for THE day our little peanut decides to make an appearance.
Disclaimer: All products were provided by Meijer. All opinions are my own. Thank you Meijer for sponsoring this post.
All Photos: Emma Parker Photography
SHOP THE POST