In today’s post I am talking about my top five favorite podcasts. I sometimes listen to music, however, there are times I get tired of music and just want something different.
MY TOP 5 FAVORITE PODCASTS
- Myleik Teele – She is the founder of curlBOX, an exclusive monthly subscription box full of amazing products. She is very stylish, hardworking, and does not apologize for her success. I love Myleik, mostly because of her bluntness. I appreciate people who are upfront and straight to the point, and she is one that will not beat about the bush. There are times I listen to her podcast and have to look around, because it sounds like she is talking to me directly.
- Russilo & Kannel – I will be honest, I am not a huge sports fan. However, my husband loves sports. He listens to this podcast everyday and I decided to start listening to it so I could actually carry on conversations about stuff he loves. Considering he listens to me go on and on about the blog. I love Ryen and Danny because they not only talk about sports but they also talk about some pop culture stuff, eg Chad from the bachelor. They are funny and make sports interesting for me. The funny thing is on the podcast yesterday (3/8/2017) they had a snippet about the founder of Rewardstyle and how she was asked multiple times how they get paid through their platform and how she managed to avoid answering the question from her interview on CNBC. It definitely caught me off guard and I thought it was hilarious.
- NPR’s How I Built This – It is a podcast about innovators, entrepreneurs, and idealists. My husband actually told me about this Podcast and I have been hooked ever since. They had Tony Hsieh of Zappos and he talked about he got started and how he ended up at Zappos. Why they have managed to be so successful focusing on customer service. They also had Kate and Andy Spade who talked about how Kate Spade was started.
- WTF With Marc Maron – I absolutely love this podcast. I discovered his podcast after watching a documentary on him and how he was able to revive his career. He is grumpy guy and I just love him. The reason I love his podcasts is because he has different actors and comedians and just has unscripted conversations with them. It allows you to see the human side of actors outside of what you see on television. He does his podcasts in his garage and his house. Nothing fancy. And, President Obama was at his house was featured on the podcast.
- The Friend Zone – Every Wednesday Dustin Ross, HeyFranHey & Assante explore where pop culture and zen living. In the words of Dustin “Who in the hell wants a musty brain.” I love this podcast as well, they are all funny in their own way. Dustin will have you cracking up.
Every one of these is a must listen. What are some of your favorite podcasts? Let me know in the comments below!
All Photos: Emma Parker Photography
SHOP THE LOOK